Settlements & Judgements
Since 1995, Zukor and Nelson, A Professional Law Corporation, has represented personal injury victims throughout the state of California. Our law firm focuses solely on assisting clients with personal injury matters. For more information, please contact us to schedule a free initial consultation.
Lawyers Abram Charles Zukor and Marilyn H. Nelson are highly experienced personal injury attorneys who have successfully represented numerous clients throughout the years. The following is a listing of some of the more significant settlements and judgments that we have achieved for our clients. These examples do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter. We cannot promise you a similar result in your case. Each one of these verdicts or settlements depended upon facts unique to each particular case. Please contact us to discuss your situation.
- $6,400,000.00: A 28 year-old female employee sustained serious burn injuries at work when a pool heater exploded. she underwent dozens of operations and was hospitalized for more than one month. Plaintiff sued the product manufacturer, property owners, architect, contractor and all of the vendors who worked on the heater.
- $5,540,000.00: Decedent, a 21 year old, and her 21 year old friend, both natives of Thailand, were struck on the curb after they crossed the street when 2 vehicles collided pinning them to a building. The decedent sustained massive injuries resulting in her death; her friend suffered a traumatic amputation of her left upper extremity. Defendant Warner Brothers brought a Motion for Summary Judgment that was denied; thereafter, they took a Writ to the Court of Appeal that was granted. Plaintiffs then appealed the granting of the motion and prevailed on appeal in a published opinion. ( See published appellate decision section .)
- $2,250,000.00: Decedent, a 36 year-old male, sustained fatal injuries in an automobile versus motorcycle accident in Sacramento when a Toyota Prius abruptly pulled out in front of him from a stop sign.
- $2,145,000: A 17 year-old female high school student was an unbelted passenger in the back seat of a 1978 BMW driven by an uninsured driver that was traveling at an excessive rate of speed on a two lane arterial asphalt highway.The driver lost control of the vehicle when the right tires went off of the roadway in an S-curve. The driver overcorrected, skidded across the highway and onto a dirt shoulder where the car overturned throwing our client free of the vehicle. Our office argued that there was an inadequate shoulder and thus no recovery area. Investigation showed that there were numerous prior accidents at this location and that this area had been resurfaced just two months before our accident. The road’s history indicated that each time the roadway was resurfaced the accident rate increased with regard to run-off-the-road accidents. Our client sustained a burst fracture that compromised her spinal cord and rendered her a paraplegic requiring fusion at T10-L4.
- $2,050,000.00: Plaintiff, a 60-year old real-estate broker, stepped into a sinkhole in his backyard that was caused by construction work performed by his down-slope neighbor. He sustained injuries to his back and both knees that resulted in surgical intervention.
- $1,950,000.00: a 42-year-old man sustained fractures to his hip, arm, and hand in a motorcycle versus automobile crash. He underwent three open reduction internal fixation operations.
- $1,500,000.00. Decedent was a seventy year-old semi-retired engineer who was struck and killed by an automobile during his recreational bicycle ride.This case settled within two weeks of our lawsuit being filed.
- $1,500,000.00. Our client was a 40 year-old project manager for a concrete contractor who was employed to construct a residential driveway. He leased an earth compactor and, while operating it at the job site, it rolled over an embankment and onto Plaintiff. Our office argued that the property owner had fired the general contractor in an effort to save money and failed to provide a safe work environment. The company that leased the equipment failed to enquire as to our client’s experience with heavy duty equipment and did not properly train him or provide him with an operating manual. Our client sustained severe crush injuries to his left hip and ribs requiring multiple surgeries as well as debridements.
- $1,500,000.00: Settlement reached for three minor females who were sexually molested over a period of time during the early 2000s at a housing complex by the maintenance man who is currently serving a 14 year to life prison sentence. Suit was filed against the property owner and manager on the theory that they knew or should have known of the maintenance man’s activities.
- $1,400,000.00. Our client was a two year-old female who fell into a pool at a rented home. We argued that the pool represented an “attractive nuisance”. The child was rendered brain dead requiring lifelong care for her four year life expectancy.
- $1,250,000.00: A 28 year-old account manager sustained multiple lower extremity fractures requiring surgery in an auto versus Moped accident.
- $1,200,000.00: Plaintiff, a 63-year old entrepreneur, sustained a torn Achilles tendon when he stumbled and fell on steps at a rental unit that were not to code. He underwent numerous debridement procedures after he contracted an infection in the hospital.
- $1,100,000.00. Our client, a 27 year-old student/actor was standing between two stopped vehicles on the shoulder of Interstate 405 when a vehicle struck one, trapping her in between. The plaintiff suffered a fractured right femur and an infection which required hospitalization and a debridement. She had another operation to remove the femur rod and a surgery to lengthen her Achille’s tendon.
- $1,050,000.00. Our 47 year-old client, with a significant prior medical history dating back to 1972, was driving his pick-up truck when it was sideswiped by a large truck. He sustained a torn ACL and meniscus and torn rotator cuff that required surgical intervention including arthroscopic surgery and a total knee replacement.
- $1,050,000.00. Our client’s 32 year-old husband graduated from Harvard and was a lawyer in a large Century City firm. Coming home from work his small vehicle was struck from the rear by a vehicle driven by a high school principal who had a history of blacking out. The seat back on his car failed on impact and he was ejected from the car and died. We filed against the automobile manufacturer on a theory of strict product liability. The defense contended that this high speed impact was not a survivable accident.
- $1,020,000.00: A 77 year-old retired female, was attached by 1,000 Africanized Killer bees in a hive of 100,000 bees located in a gated community while visiting a friend. She ended up hospitalized in a medically induced coma for three weeks and required dialysis for several months thereafter. Suit was brought against the homeowners association, management company, security company and communications company (where the hive was located).
- $1,010,000.00: A 28 year-old male actor sustained second and third degree burns when he came into contact with an open flame at a costume party. Defendants contended that the flame was “open and obvious.”
- $1,000,000.00: Plaintiff, a 63 year-old female, sustained a cervical fracture that required surgical intervention in an auto versus auto accident. She incurred approximately $80,000.00 in medical expenses. Defendant contended that plaintiff was comparatively at fault in that she was not wearing a lap and shoulder safety restraint.
- $1,000,000.00. Our client, a twenty-two year-old student, went to an out-patient clinic to undergo a medical procedure to correct sweaty palms (palmar hyperhidrosis). This normally quick and safe procedure went awry went she experienced a heart attack but was not transported to a hospital for emergency treatment for six hours. Plaintiff sustained severe brain damage and is in a persistent vegetative state.
- $1,000,000.00. Our twenty-six year-old student sustained mild traumatic brain injury in an auto versus truck accident. Liability was disputed.
- $750,000. Our six year-old male client was a passenger in his mother’s automobile that went out of control on the freeway when it was struck from the rear by a large eighteen-wheeler. He was diagnosed as having sustained mild traumatic brain injury.
- $550,000.00: An 80 year-old retired female sustained a severe eye injury in a trip and fall accident on a public sidewalk in Beverly Hills.
Contact The Firm
Zukor and Nelson, A Professional Law Corporation
301 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, California 90210
Beverly Hills Office Location